Structure, governance and management
The Parochial Church Council of the Ecclesiastical Parish of St. Christopher’s Hinchley Wood was established by the Parochial Church Councils (Powers) Measure 1956 as amended and the Church Representation Rules (contained in Schedule 3 to the Synodical Government Measure 1969 as amended). The parish is within the Diocese of Guildford.
The PCC was previously an excepted charity, but in accordance with the Charities Act 2006 has now registered as a charity, number 1147737.
The Annual Report and Accounts
Previous Annual Reports can be downloaded below, or from the Charity Commission.
Parochial Church Council
The members of the Parochial Church Council currently serving (updated at the APCM on 27th September 2020) are:
- Revd Peter Jenner (Vicar)
- Revd Caroline Mullins (Associate Minister)
- Mrs Heather Allen (Church Warden)
- Mr. Simon Crome (Church Warden)
- Mrs Margaret Thompson (Treasurer)
- Mrs Stephanie Post (Secretary)
- Mrs Ann Ellis
- Mr John O’Neill
- Mrs Emma Rush (resigned 14/12/2020)
- Mrs. Jean Hoseason (Deanery Synod Rep.)
- Mrs Jane Barnett (Diocesan Synod Rep.)
The method of appointment of Parochial Church Council (“PCC”) members is set out in the Church Representation Rules. To be eligible to be elected to the PCC a person has be registered on our Electoral Role for six months.
All members of the PCC, whether ex-officio, elected, synod reps, or co-opted, are full voting members of the PCC and also charity trustees.