Structure, governance and management
The Parochial Church Council of the Ecclesiastical Parish of St. Christopher’s Hinchley Wood was established by the Parochial Church Councils (Powers) Measure 1956 as amended and the Church Representation Rules (contained in Schedule 3 to the Synodical Government Measure 1969 as amended). The parish is within the Diocese of Guildford.
The PCC was previously an excepted charity, but in accordance with the Charities Act 2006 has now registered as a charity, number 1147737.
The Annual Report and Accounts
Previous Annual Reports can be downloaded below, or from the Charity Commission.
- 2020 Accounts and Annual Report
- 2019 Accounts and Annual Report
- 2018 Accounts and Annual Report
- 2017 Accounts and Annual Report
- 2016 Accounts and Annual Report
- 2015 Accounts and Annual Report
- 2014 Accounts and Annual Report
Parochial Church Council
The members of the Parochial Church Council currently serving (updated at the APCM on 21st March 2021) are:
- Revd Peter Jenner (Vicar)
- Revd Caroline Mullins (Associate Minister)
- Mr. Simon Crome (Church Warden)
- Mrs Margaret Thompson (Treasurer)
- Mrs Stephanie Post (Secretary)
- Mrs Heather Allen (Lay Vice-Chair)
- Mrs Ann Ellis
- Mr John O’Neill
- Mrs. Jean Hoseason (Deanery Synod Rep.)
- Mrs Jane Barnett (Deanery Synod Rep.)
The method of appointment of Parochial Church Council (“PCC”) members is set out in the Church Representation Rules. To be eligible to be elected to the PCC a person has be registered on our Electoral Role for six months.
All members of the PCC, whether ex-officio, elected, synod reps, or co-opted, are full voting members of the PCC and also charity trustees.
There are currently casual vacancies for one Churchwarden and four elected PCC members. If you would be interested in serving in any of these roles, please contact email@example.com