Structure, governance and management
The Parochial Church Council of the Ecclesiastical Parish of St. Christopher’s Hinchley Wood was established by the Parochial Church Councils (Powers) Measure 1956 as amended and the Church Representation Rules (contained in Schedule 3 to the Synodical Government Measure 1969 as amended). The parish is within the Diocese of Guildford.
The PCC was previously an excepted charity, but in accordance with the Charities Act 2006 has now registered as a charity, number 1147737.
The Annual Report and Accounts
Previous Annual Reports can be downloaded below, or from the Charity Commission.
Parochial Church Council
The members of the Parochial Church Council currently serving (from March 2019) are:
- Revd Peter Jenner (Vicar)
- Revd Caroline Mullins (Associate Minister)
- Mrs Heather Allen (Church Warden)
- Mrs. Emma Rush (Church Warden)
- Mrs Moira Beardshall (Treasurer)
- Mrs Stephanie Post (Secretary)
- Mrs Ann Ellis
- Mrs Jean Hoseasons
- Mr John O’Neill
- Mrs. Margaret Thompson
- Mr Roy Turner
- Mrs Jane Barnett (Diocesan Synod Rep.)
- Ms Liz Hammond (Deanery Synod Rep.)
The method of appointment of Parochial Church Council (“PCC”) members is set out in the Church Representation Rules. All Church attendees are encouraged to register on the Electoral Roll and stand for election to the PCC.