Over the last few years, St Christopher’s Church has been modernising and updating the church and hall facilities. We are supported by Surrey County Council and Elmbridge Borough Council.
The Church Hall
The Hall, behind the Church, has a good sized stage, a modern, fully equipped kitchen with brand new appliances, new toilets and disabled facilities, and a huge canopied outdoor decking area. It is now the largest facility of its kind in Hinchley Wood. There is also an outside play area with gates that can be locked to ensure the protection and safety of children.
During term time, the hall is used, during part of the day, by a community nursery school and after-school club. It may be hired during the evenings, at weekends and in school holidays. It would be an ideal venue for a children’s summer club or workshop. We are willing to host family events and parties at the weekend.
The Church itself
With our wonderful, new (and comfortable) chairs, the church itself is and extremely large and versatile space. It is ideal for choir or musical performances as the acoustics are very good. It can also be used for meetings, lectures and rehearsals.
Making a booking?
Here are the recommend steps:
- The first question is usually availability. We have calendars on our website that you can check to see if there is already another booking? Click here to see our calendars
- Please review of terms and conditions of hire. You will also find our hire rates there.
- If you are hiring for a personal or family event, there will be a security deposit, usually £250.
- If you are hiring for a instructor-led class, club or organisation, we require you to produce a comprehensive COVID-19 and general risk assessments for your activities and suitable public liability insurance.
- All hirers are responsible for all additional cleaning required to make the premises COVID-19 secure.
If you are happy with the above, you can then proceed to contact the Church Wardens by email: email@example.com to discuss your needs and our availability. You will be sent a link to an online form through which you can make the booking. Unfortunately, due to the amount our buildings are currently used, we are rarely able to facilitate a visit before booking to inspect the premises. We hope the photos above will give you the confidence to book.