While we are not able to hold a service in St. Christopher’s Church due to the current crisis, you are invited to meet as church (in our homes) to celebrate Morning Prayer. Please do not come to the Church!
We will be using standard Common Worship daily prayer, you may have the books, or use the Daily Prayer app. Alternatively the texts for our prayers are available on the CofE website. For this week:
Next, there are two ways you can actually join us virtually for the service from your homes. We have tried to make this as easy as possible, as we would love to see or hear from as many people as possible.
- Using an ordinary telephone
- Joining a Video Conference using an app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Using an ordinary telephone
You don’t need any modern technology to be able to hear the service, just an ordinary telephone. To join in, dial one of the following numbers (these are not premium rate and cost whatever a local call costs you, often free). If one is busy, try another.
- 020 3481 5237
- 020 3481 5240
- 020 3051 2874
When you get through it will say “Welcome to Zoom, enter your meeting ID, followed by hash. Hash is the “#” symbol on your telephone.
- The meeting ID is: 526 485 317 then press HASH ‘#’ (This is different to Evening Prayer)
If you are asked any other questions (such as participate ID) then simply press HASH ‘#’ again, as there is no further information that you should need.
You will enter the conference room. Initially, you will be unable to speak, but you should be able to hear the service when it starts at 9am. I will be the host from about 8:45am, so you will probably hear me welcoming people to this virtual gathering of the church.
The Video Conference
If you have a smartphone, tablet or computer then this is the best way of taking part. For most people this should be a simple matter of downloading an app of some software, typing in the meeting ID and then giving some permissions to the app or software to access your microphone and camera.
NOTE: You do not need to sign in, or create an account. You simply need to join a meeting.
Detailed information on what you need to do to join the church meeting is available here:
- For those with an Apple iphone or ipad, click here.
- For those with another smartphone which uses the Android system, click here
- For those with a computer, either Windows or Mac, click here and follow the instructions, the first of which is:
Join a Meeting –
- Type in the meeting ID: 526 485 317 and press JOIN (This is different to Evening Prayer)
- The computer will download the software. You may need to approve the download, and you may need to accept “terms and conditions”, and you may need to allow the software access to your microphone and camera.
If you wish to test this, long before the live event, then try clicking here.
I am keen to help everyone use this technology so if you get stuck ring me on 07824 323815 and I will talk you through it.