Structure, governance and management
The Parochial Church Council of the Ecclesiastical Parish of St. Christopher’s Hinchley Wood was established by the Parochial Church Councils (Powers) Measure 1956 as amended and the Church Representation Rules (contained in Schedule 3 to the Synodical Government Measure 1969 as amended). The parish is within the Diocese of Guildford.
The PCC was previously an excepted charity, but in accordance with the Charities Act 2006 has now registered as a charity, number 1147737.
The Annual Report and Accounts
The report and accounts for 2017 will be published following the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) on Sunday 29th April 2018.
Previous Annual Reports can be downloaded below, or from the Charity Commission.
Parochial Church Council
The members of the Parochial Church Council currently serving are:
- Revd Peter Jenner (Vicar)
- Revd Caroline Mullins
- Mrs Heather Allen (Church Warden)
- Mrs Margaret Thompson (Church Warden)
- Mrs Moira Beardshall (Treasurer)
- Mrs Stephanie Post (Secretary)
- Mrs Helen Davison
- Mrs Ann Ellis
- Mr John O’Neill
- Mr Roy Turner
- Mrs Jane Barnett (Diocesan Synod Rep.)
- Ms Liz Hammond (Deanery Synod Rep.)
The method of appointment of Parochial Church Council (“PCC”) members is set out in the Church Representation Rules. All Church attendees are encouraged to register on the Electoral Roll and stand for election to the PCC.