St. Christopher’s Church is continuing to offer “Hybrid” services.
“Hybrid” means you can:
- come to the Church and attend “in-person”, if you are able to do so and do not have any symptoms of Covid.
- participate from home, as we continue to provide an online virtual church service via Zoom.
The service sheet is available to download below and, for ecological reasons, we encourage you to download it to your tablet or mobile device. However, a small number of paper copies will be available at the church.
We look forward to welcoming you to worship with us.
- We warmly welcome children to all our services. Do feel free to bring appropriate items/activities to help occupy your children (e.g. books, toys, colouring, tablet device with earphones or sound muted). Children of all ages are very welcome and, where possible, paper-based activities will be provided for them during services.
- We are an inclusive church. All are welcome and our church: has step-free access; operates a hearing induction loop; offers large print service sheets and hymn books.
- All are welcome to join us for refreshments after the service.
- While Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted, there are still people in our community who are vulnerable to this infection. Please, therefore, be respectful of others who may be more vulnerable than you and stay away from the Church if you feel unwell with any of the symptoms of Covid-19.
Participating Virtually Online
There are two ways you can join us virtually for the service.
- Using an ordinary telephone
- Joining a Video Conference using an app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Using an ordinary telephone
You don’t need any modern technology to be able to hear the service, just an ordinary telephone. To join in, dial one of the following numbers (these are not premium rate and cost whatever a local call costs you, often free). If one is busy, try another.
- 020 3481 5237
- 020 3481 5240
- 020 3051 2874
When you get through it will say “Welcome to Zoom, enter your meeting ID, followed by hash. Hash is the “#” symbol on your telephone.
- The meeting ID is: 689 343 005 then press HASH ‘#’ (You do not need a PASSWORD)
If you are asked any other questions then simply press HASH ‘#’ again, as there is no further information that you should need.
You will enter the conference room. Initially, you will be unable to speak, but you should be able to hear the service when it starts at 10am. I will be the host from about 9:30am, so you will probably hear me welcoming people to this virtual gathering of the church.
The Zoom Video Conference
If you have a smartphone, tablet or computer then this is the best way of taking part. For most people this should be a simple matter of downloading an app of some software, typing in the meeting ID and then giving some permissions to the app or software to access your microphone and camera.
NOTE: You do not need to sign in, or create an account. You simply need to join a meeting.
Detailed information on what you need to do to join the church meeting is available here:
- For those with an Apple iphone or ipad, click here.
- For those with another smartphone which uses the Android system, click here
- For those with a computer, either Windows or Mac, click here and follow the instructions, the first of which is:
Join a Meeting
- Type in the meeting ID: 689 343 005 and press JOIN (You do not need a PASSWORD)
- The computer will download the software. You may need to approve the download, and you may need to accept “terms and conditions”, and you may need to allow the software access to your microphone and camera.