St. Christopher’s Church may have closed it’s doors, but WE HAVE GONE VIRTUAL – and there is lots going on that you can join in with from home!
The Service sheet is available to download from the service page below:
There are three ways you can actually join us virtually for the service from your homes.
- Using an ordinary telephone
- Joining a Video Conference using an app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Watching a live video on YouTube
Using an ordinary telephone
You don’t need any modern technology to be able to hear the service, just an ordinary telephone. To join in, dial one of the following numbers (these are not premium rate and cost whatever a local call costs you, often free). If one is busy, try another.
- 020 3481 5237
- 020 3481 5240
- 020 3051 2874
When you get through it will say “Welcome to Zoom, enter your meeting ID, followed by hash. Hash is the “#” symbol on your telephone.
- The meeting ID is: 689 343 005 then press HASH ‘#’ (You do not need a PASSWORD)
If you are asked any other questions then simply press HASH ‘#’ again, as there is no further information that you should need.
You will enter the conference room. Initially, you will be unable to speak, but you should be able to hear the service when it starts at 10am. I will be the host from about 9:30am, so you will probably hear me welcoming people to this virtual gathering of the church.
The Video Conference
If you have a smartphone, tablet or computer then this is the best way of taking part. For most people this should be a simple matter of downloading an app of some software, typing in the meeting ID and then giving some permissions to the app or software to access your microphone and camera.
NOTE: You do not need to sign in, or create an account. You simply need to join a meeting.
Detailed information on what you need to do to join the church meeting is available here:
- For those with an Apple iphone or ipad, click here.
- For those with another smartphone which uses the Android system, click here
- For those with a computer, either Windows or Mac, click here and follow the instructions, the first of which is:
Join a Meeting
- Type in the meeting ID: 689 343 005 and press JOIN (You do not need a PASSWORD)
- The computer will download the software. You may need to approve the download, and you may need to accept “terms and conditions”, and you may need to allow the software access to your microphone and camera.
I am keen to help everyone use this technology so if you get stuck ring me on 07824 323815 and I will talk you through it.
Watch the YouTube video
If you know how to find YouTube on your smartphone or tablet, search for the YouTube channel “HinchleyWoodChurch”. We we start the livestream, the video will appear and you can watch it.
If you are using a computer, then type the following into an internet browser (Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Netscape, Safari etc).
The video will appear as soon as we start livestreaming the service, which will probably be about 9:55am